Aegnor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holly Truman

2 posters

Go down

Holly Truman Empty Holly Truman

Post  Holly Truman Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:11 am

//GENERAL//

Site Alias: I'm Lizzie or Fish or any variation thereof

Character's Full Name: Holly Melissa Truman
Any Nicknames?: She prefers simply Holly but she's had a few friends who called her Mel
Birthday:August 3
Sexuality: Plain old heterosexual
Element(s): Ultimate
Year: Lamalas

//APPEARANCE//

Holly Truman MV5BMTU3NDk3NjQyN15BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN

Played By: Erin Sanders

Eyes: Holly has dark brown eyes, to the point were you can barely make out her pupil. Her father used to tell her that when eyes are dark it's the presence of all color, which she happily believes. They are rather on the larger side, almond shaped, and slightly upturned. She chooses not to believe the entire "Eyes are windows to the souls" mostly because her eyes aren't expressive enough to be anything other than, well, eyes.

Hair: Her hair is at the darker end of the spectrum, a hue which she fondly calls chocolate. She prefers it braided down her back where it's out of the way, however her plans on how she wears her hair are often interrupted by her amazing ability to misplace hair ties and as a result it often ends up just down. Almost all her life she's had long hair and it's unlikely that that will change in the near future. Holly's hair has a slight curl to it if she just lets it dry, something she rarely does unless pressed for time.

Smile: When she's nervous, Holly smiles awkwardly, the corner of her mouth tip up leaving her half-grimacing without showing her teeth. However, in the event that she is genuinely pleased or amused, her face crinkles up, letting the bags that lurk under her eyes when she's stressed disappear. Often you see Holly smiling often accompanied by the soft sound of her humming under her breath. She couldn't sing with any talent if her life depended on it, but humming? She could do that.

Face: Holly's face is much more oval than round despite the fact that there remained the smallest bit of baby fat splattered around. She has a defined chin bone and a small button of a nose. Above her left eyebrow, Holly sports a thin scar which she acquired when she fell of the trampoline in the Trumans' backyard. The entire ordeal was overly dramatized but Holly ended up with stitches and the small scar nevertheless. Overall, she has a delicate facial structure excluding her chin which ironically represents her often stubborn nature to the letter.

Height: 5' 1"

Weight: 105 lbs -Likely to change...

Physique: Ever since the beginning of grade school, Holly's been the shortest, or nearly the shortest in her class. Her hopes are high that she'll have a growth spurt but the chances, genetically, that this will happen are slim, bother of her parents barely reach 5'6. She, unlike her brother, Alex has never been a fan of sports of any kind. She's tried several of them, but... Since she isn't a fan of working out for the sake of working out, Holly isn't muscular. She's fast, but she lacks the endurance or strength that she would have if she spent any amount of time working out or doing any physical activities.

Style: She is almost always in a pair of jeans, or occasionally, if the weather is nice, shorts. Holly is definitely a more casual person, jeans and a t-shirt, and you'd be hard-pressed to get her to wear a dress or skirt. She dislikes dressing up and won't unless the situation expressly calls for it. Overall, Holly just doesn't care what she's wearing as long as it's not a dress. The one thing that she is almost always wearing is a small old fashioned key around her neck. It has no special significance, Holly just likes the way it looks.

Hygiene: Holly has always done the minimum when it comes to hygiene. She takes a shower almost every day but despite her mom's fussing she often forgets to wash her face at night. Of course, she brushes her teeth just about every night and she tries to remember to floss. She's never particularly had to worry about acne, just genetically lucky there.

//PERSONALITY//

Chocolate
    Camping
    Coffee Shops (But not coffee)
    Beaches
    Riddles
    Snow
    Souffle
    An occasion book
    Mountains
    Gardening
    Sun
    Weather in general
    Getting her way
    Traveling
    Music
    Procrastinating
    Sarcasm
    Chapstick

Dislikes:
    Feeling weak
    Sheep (the people kind)
    Crying
    Most make-up
    People lacking common sense
    Being made fun of
    Losing
    Feeling young
    Coffee
    Monopoly
    Vanilla
    Dogs
    Bowling
    Dresses
    Illness
    Strawberry flavored foods
    Grape Jam
    Watching or participating in human sports

Strengths:

Great memory (especially for completely useless information)
    Using two or more elements in tangent
    Common sense
    Fast
    Lying
    Defense
    Making a point
    Quick thinking
    Staying firm in her opinions
    Noticing when something is not being said

Weaknesses:
    Ridiculously low self-esteem
    Talented procrastinator
    Holds long grudges
    Controlling her elements
    Controlling her emotions
    Using her elements separately
    Gets nightmares
    Saying goodbye

Hopes:

To belong
    Actually try to get decent grades
    To be able to get mad and not have to redecorate
    Get over her issues with dogs
    Not to miss Alex so much that it hurts

Fears:

Dogs
    Won't fit in at Aegnor
    Never be able to control her abilities
    Heights
    Getting hurt

//HISTORY//

First Sign of Powers:. When Holly's brother, Alex missed the thirteen age mark, their father breathed a sigh of relief, that all of his children wouldn't be going away to the strange school. See, Holly's mother had never told her husband about her affinity for water until after their oldest son had a couple unexplainable incidents involving water. It's safe to say that it didn't go well. Since then, it hasn't been mentioned much in the Truman household. It's been fairly obvious all her life that she would follow her oldest brother to Aegnor, but her parents though were amazingly gifted in the art of self delusion. In kindergarten her bean-in-a-Styrofoam-cup grew at an rate that prompted the teacher to make an confused phone call. Ever since she slipped on the wet bathroom floor when she was seven, Holly never seemed to be wet when she got out of the shower. Ignoring these small unconscious works, her first use of power was three weeks after her tenth birthday. Holly, for as long as she could remember, had a problem with nightmares, tossing, turning, and even crying in her sleep on a semi-regular basis, never remembering what had frightened her so much when she woke up. Anyway, this one seemed to be particularly bad, when she awoke her floor was an inch deep in water, with every item she owned out of her closet and floating in small lake. The climbing rose that had been steadily climbing outside her window for years was twining around her wrist, oddly devoid of thorns, her hardwood floor bore scorch marks obviously left by a fire, squelched by the flood, and finally, her brass bed had knitted itself together above her in some kind of odd netting. That entire month she had the “chicken pox” as she franticly tried to get her powers not to erupt whenever she felt slightly annoyed, not that she succeeded much. She finally managed to prevent her subconscious from automatically triggering the use of her elements. That first month was a tense one for her parents, they even discussed sending her to live with her grandmother, the reason her mother left the Elessiarian community in the first place but eventually Holly maintain some amount of control and life almost returned to normal.

Favorite Way to Use Powers: Holly hasn't quite mastered using her elements separately. When she lets them loose, they all rush forward in full force, she can't yet separate one element in particular. The one thing that Holly really enjoys is not having to dry off as she gets out of any form of water. She isn't sure quite how she does this little trick but it's certainly intuitive. Her first guess was a combination of fire and air, air to dry her and fire so she didn't freeze to death when it was happening, but she's not really positive. Apart from that, she has always tried to suppress her abilities whether hiding them from her classmates or her parents to avoid the wave of arguing that always occurred when the subject came round to Elessarians.

History At School: When Holly was seven, her oldest brother left for Aegnor and all that she's wanted to do since was to follow him and whenever he came home for breaks, she grilled him endlessly. It seemed so interesting and so much better than human Elementary school or Jr. High and she couldn't wait to go there herself, assuming of course, that she would be like her oldest brother instead of her younger one. Now that she is about to go, Holly is unsure of herself, could it really be as good as her brother said?

History With Humans: Until now, Holly has lived all her life among humans. Although mostly viewed as an outcast, she has some great humans friends, all of whom she fully intends to keep in touch with. She believes that humans and Elessarians are exactly alike, although she hasn't had much association with Elessarians yet. The best way to get on her bad side as of yet would be to insult the human race in general and she would fiercely defend her father and brother on this issue.

//FAMILY//

Parents: Arnold Truman, Holly's father, works as a rather successful lawyer and Evelyn Truman, her mother runs a small coffee shop.

Siblings: Holly has one brother, Alex, who is not at Aegnor, nor will he ever be. He is 15 and he always seemed to feel the need to protect her. They've always been close, sharing the same interests for the most part despite the two year age difference. She also has a much older brother who is nineteen and has an affinity for water.

Relationship with Family: First of all, Holly and her older brother are six years apart, they haven't lived in the same house for long periods of time in years. The two of them certainly didn't grow up together. Alex and her, however have an overall amicable relationship. He was the only one that wasn't surprised to discover that Holly was like her oldest brother. Holly and her father's relationship is much more tenuous, he loves her dearly, a felling that is returned, but he tend to ignore the fact that she's different. This purposeful obliviousness has sparked many an argument between the two of them. Holly ans her mother have a very standard mother-daughter relationship, except for the fact that Evelyn tends to feel guilty that she can't help Holly more with her control.
Holly Truman
Holly Truman

Back to top Go down

Holly Truman Empty RE: Holly

Post  Holly Truman Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:14 am

So, I'm done? Anyway, tell me if you want me to edit anything.
Holly Truman
Holly Truman

Back to top Go down

Holly Truman Empty Re: Holly Truman

Post  Khiyyi Xzav Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:22 am

Before I accept you, I want you to understand something. Don't take this badly, I'm just being overly strict since Holly is a Lamalas.

I want you to remember that since Holly is only thirteen she won't be gaining true control of her powers, like Dyrk practically has, right away. Due to the fact that she didn't have a psycho-mom-ultimate she most likely did not have anything near to what Dyrk went through. I like her, I'm just saying that I don't want her to learn stuff suddenly and without any problem.

I'm sorry, that sounded harsh. I'm not evil, I swear! I'm just tense about this whole little-ultimate thing, you know?

All in all, I like her. You did an amazing job of not going over any boundaries. In fact, I really like that she can't use her abilities singularly but can use them together. Although I was wondering something...You said one of her strengths is using two or more elements in tangent, but you also said one of her weaknesses is inability to control her elements. So, does this mean that although she can use several abilities simultaneously she's not exactly perfectly stable with them?

BTW, Dyrk is sooo giving her special training..Unless his mom gets to poor Holly first. <3
Khiyyi Xzav
Khiyyi Xzav
Admin

https://aegnor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Truman Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. She has what, seven, I think, years to learn how to use her elements and I will certainly try to slow down the learning process, sh has a lot to learn. Anyway, if you feel like she is learning to fast just give me a heads up.

Why thank you! What I meant by that is pretty much what you said, she can use them, but she doesn't know what the heck is actually going to happen when she tries.
Holly Truman
Holly Truman

Back to top Go down

Post  Khiyyi Xzav Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 am

You just won my absolute approval!

Welcome to Aegnor!

Welcome to Aegnor! We're glad to welcome you to the Aegnor community, and hope you're ready to get started practicing your powers. First things first, though. You should go set up a Plot Page and maybe go post some plots on the pages of current characters. You should sign up for some classes too! And don't forget to check out Aegnor's clubs. If you have any questions, feel free to pm Khiyyi Xzav or Helena Ecco.
Khiyyi Xzav
Khiyyi Xzav
Admin

https://aegnor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum